Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Independence Day

Right hand (I'm left handed)
Tomorrow is the Independence day for the USA! Many bloggers are showing their spirit with there red, white, and blue manis. Hopefully you aren't sick of them by now cause I have mine to share. This is a full on nail art mani, lots of freehand :S.
For red nails base coat is China Glaze: Red Pearl I added Orly: Star Spangled (how fitting!) on top to add sparkly. For blue nails base coat was China Glaze: Frostbite and topped that with Blue Iguana to also add sparkle. I taped off lines with striping tape and used Sally Hansen French White Tip as white. I needed a very opaque white so no red would show thru. Than I top coated with Out the Door. Using my Nail Art Club Duo Pens Black I wrote America and USA, than with the white I free handed stars. Top Coat again of Out the Door.

Left hand :S
I am left handed so you barely see the left hand, but I decided that this one turned out well enough to show! You better bet I had to think of a smaller word than America to write on this hand since I was writing with my right hand, lol. My original plan was to stamp on stars, but can you believe out of the entire Bundle Monster set there wasn't a full nail let alone a single star stamp? This was very disappointing to me. In the end it turned out well so I guess no complaints here!
Is this in the top 10 as best 4th of July Mani? Everyone have a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback from my readers so please write on!! Please e-mail me any links you would like me to check out rather than leave them in comments :)