Monday, August 6, 2012

Dots with Spectraflair

Today I have a quick mani to show you. Using spectraflair once again :)
My base color is Orly: Plum Noir, used my dotting tool with Spectraflair Top Coat to place dots on vertical to the side of the nail, and top coat of Out the Door.
Very simple mani that anyone can do, the dots in the holo looked like rainbows in the sun was gorgeous.
I went shopping later in the day and came home with a Nicole by OPI Texture:Opal Texture I found on clearance, I couldn't wait to try it out and thought "hey it might look good over this mani" Sadly it didn't crackle at all, but it turned into a matte like finish with sparkles. Check it out.
I think what may have caused it not to shatter was that it had a top coat applied, but I will have to try the shatter on it's own soon to find out if that was my problem. I still love the effect that it did give this mani.
Do you prefer to see more simple designs?

3 comments:

  1. I've used shatter before. You have to put on an _extremely_ thin coat and the nails have to be really, really, really dry. I've only had luck with nails that are 24 hrs dry. But, I'm not nearly as awesome at the nail polish thing as you. Top coat might have been your problem tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used different shatter/crackle polishes for a while. If you want a bunch of small cracks, apply it thin. If you want bigger cracks, apply it heavier. I usually apply the crackle polish after my base is dry. I use Seche Vite to help my base dry too. If you want to apply more than one crackle, you have to apply a top coat before the second shatter polish. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. The rules are here... http://glamfiend.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for the Liebster award. The rules are here... http://glamfiend.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback from my readers so please write on!! Please e-mail me any links you would like me to check out rather than leave them in comments :)