Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Magnetic Gradient

I have a super fun mani today! I am sure by now we have all seen the magnetic polishes, but my thought is what kind of creations can you come up with magnetic polishes? I stumbled upon Laurie from Dressed up Digits post of doing gradients with the magnetic polishes!! Now this is exciting...
To start you do a normal gradient, using make up sponge I used my two magnetic polishes I have. Nabi: burgundy color and Icing: Graphite color. (They don't have names) I applied the gradient twice to make sure I had enough polish on the nail. Than to make the polish wet again so the magnet will attract the pieces you apply a top coat (one that isn't quick drying) and place magnet above nail, hold for 20 sec. You are left with a magnetic gradient!!
I love this idea SO much, i may end up buying a couple more magnetic polishes before they disappear :) The only disappointment I have with the magnetic affect is that the magnets aren't always strong enough to get the sides of my nails since they are more rounded than flat.
Do you know of any techniques to help the cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback from my readers so please write on!! Please e-mail me any links you would like me to check out rather than leave them in comments :)